The SURI Affiliates Program is supported by corporate membership fees and is designed to facilitate the relationship between academia and industry. The motivation for the program is for corporate partners to take advantage of the unique expertise at Stanford in Resilience Science and Engineering, an emerging field which combines quantitative engineering analyses to broader questions of social impact and human behavior. Members are entitled to the full range of benefits including invitations to all SURI Affiliates Program symposia, opportunity to support Ph.D. student research, and facilitated access to research programs, faculty, and graduate students.
Companies and other organizations interested in improving risk evaluation and the design of the built environment, social intervention, as well as government, financial, and corporate policies are eligible and encouraged to join.
Participating faculty are listed under the Core Team section on the People section of this SURI webpage.
Membership and Program Benefits
The affiliate fee will be $60,000 per year per company. Planned benefits for Affiliates include:
- Meetings with SURI faculty, students, and staff to consult on research directions,
- Invitation to an annual affiliates meeting,
- First access to publications and on-going research from SURI researchers,
- Annual resume book of SURI students seeking internships and employment,
- Acknowledgment of corporate support at:
- SURI workshops with data partners and policymakers,
- Engagements with the local community,
All SURI Affiliate memberships are subject to Stanford University Policies for Industry Affiliates Programs. All research results funded by our affiliates fees are shared with all program members and the public.
Current Corporate Members
Please contact Chittayong (Jao) Surakitbanharn (email@example.com), Executive Director of SURI, for the next steps of how to join.